#FASHIONNEWS - SA FASHION WEEK ANNOUNCES NEW TALENT SEARCH 2018
Established in 1998, The New Talent Search is a platform for young designers to prove their ability to create a Collection that achieves the fine balance between commercial and aesthetic appeal.
"One of the most difficult challenges for a start-up designer today, is the breakthrough to retail. A sure way for designers to fast track their careers is through entering fashion competitions. It pushes young businesses into the media spotlight which then leads to social media share of voice and in turn has an immediate effect on the growth of a young label", says Lucilla Booyzen, SA Fashion Week Director.
SA Fashion Week's competitions are an undeniable springboard for young designers. The aim of SA Fashion Week competitions is to assist talented designers, with the potential for commercial growth, to start making the transition from a developing creative business to a sustainable business that can play a role in the Creative Fashion Industry, create jobs, wealth and contribute to the GDP of the country.
This year's competition will require designers to base their designs on 2019 world trends by combining contemporary shapes, styles and construction with their inspiration and design talent by incorporating their own prints or going plain.
The prize that will put the New Talent Search Winner on the map, includes:
- R30 000 towards developing your SS19 Collection in Collaboration with The Fashion Agent
- Representation by The Fashion Agent for 1 year valued at R 11, 400.00
- The winner will be a part of the 2019 New Talent Search show one year later, valued at R 12, 500.00.
- All finalists will be granted access to the SAFW Trade Event – Autumn/Winter 2019 – valued at R 3, 520.00, to engage with buyers and conduct market research for their own brands during the three days.
- The winner will receive one free stand at the SAFW Designer Pop Up Shop 2019 in Brooklyn Mall, valued at R 6, 000.00.