HARD ROCK CAFE PRETORIA ANNOUNCES 2017 WORLD BURGER TOUR LINEUP
PRETORIA, GAUTENG May 01, 2017 – Hard Rock’s World Burger Tour is back, and ready to take guests on an international adventure – no passport necessary! World Burger Tour, a limited-time offering of Hard Rock Local Legendary© Burgers, inspired by the taste and flavours from cafe locations around the world, hits tables at select participating Hard Rock Cafe locations around the world beginning May 1, 2017 and continues through June 25, 2017.
This year more than 160 local burgers were evaluated by Hard Rock’s culinary team with crowd favourites added to the 2017 World Burger Tour line-up. Throughout May and June, Hard Rock Cafe menus* will feature the following World Burger Tour offerings:
• • English Breakfast Burger (London, England) – a Certified Beef patty topped with sliced ham, a sausage patty, a fried egg, a Portobello mushroom, arugula and garlic aioli and served with a side of baked beans
• • Tango Salsa Burger (Buenos Aires, Argentina) – shake it up with andouille sausage, Certified Beef, salsa criolla, garlic aioli, Monterey jack cheese, fresh arugula and a fried egg to top off the burger
• • Olé Burger (Barcelona, Spain) – a fury of red peppered Romesco sauce, roasted vegetables, with feta cheese crumbles and arugula, dancing on a Certified Beef and between a toasted bun
• • Colombian Plantain Burger (Cartagena, Colombia) – a South American savoury and sweet combination of caramelized onions, bacon and Monterey Jack Cheese, spiked with molasses and topped with fried plantains on a Certified Beef patty. Perfectly paired with crispy plantain chips and mojo sauce
• • Banh Mi Burger (Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam) – coated in tangy house-made Vietnamese glaze, topped with sliced cucumbers and pickled vegetables, accompanied by a garnishment of cilantro and green onions all on a Certified Beef patty
• • Tennessee BBQ Burger (Tennessee, United States) – like a good country ballad, this Certified Beef burger brings happy tears with BBQ dry rubbed premium beef topped with pickle slices, Memphis slaw, pulled pork, pig sauce, crispy onions and cheddar
• • Spinach & Chickpea Burger (New Delhi, India) – a vegetarian, house made patty of red skin potato, spinach, chili peppers, cilantro, chickpeas and spices, topped with arugula, tomato, cucumber and a spiced yogurt sauce
• • Kimchi Burger (Seoul, South Korea) – a tradition years in the making, Certified Beef patty topped with Sriracha-seasoned kimchi, bulgogi sauce, fresh tomato and lettuce and Sriracha mayo
“Hard Rock’s World Burger Tour continues to feed our guests’ desire for adventure, so this year we’ve revamped the menu to highlight unique and authentic ingredients from around the world,” said Darryl Mickler, Senior Director of Research and Development for Hard Rock International. “Guests can experience global flavours without leaving their hometown – from bold South Korea kimchi to sweet Colombia plantains, there’s something legendary for every palate.”
Local Legendary© Burgers are served with lettuce, tomato and paired with the ultimate sidekick – Hard Rock’s Savoury Artisan French fries. Throughout World Burger Tour, each french fry selection is paired with a complementary signature dipping sauce. Guests in select markets can choose from Hard Rock’s classic seasoned french fries or additional new offerings, including Garlic Fries with Garlic Aioli and Spiced Curry Fries with Tandoori mayonnaise**.
Just like the artists whose memorabilia lines the walls at Hard Rock locations worldwide, the burgers served at Hard Rock Cafe are nothing short of “legendary.” All Legendary© Burgers feature the highest quality meats, fresh ingredients, savoury sauces and rich, melted cheeses.
As part of the World Burger Tour menu, Hard Rock Cafes will also showcase the brand’s world-famous cocktails, including:
• • Southern Rock – Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Southern Comfort, Chambord Black Raspberry Liqueur and Vodka, mixed with sweet & sour topped with Lemonade.
• • Hurricane – Orange, mango and pineapple juice, infused with BACARDI Superior Rum, BACARDI Dark Rum, Amaretto and Grenadine.
• • Electric Blues – Vodka, BACARDI Superior Rum, Gin, Blue Curacao and sweet & sour topped with Lemonade.
• • Mojito – BACARDI Superior Rum muddled with fresh mint and lime topped with soda water.
For more information on World Burger Tour and to contact your local cafe for menu details, please visit www.HardRock.com.
*World Burger Tour menus may vary by location; guests should consult their local cafe for a full list of featured burgers
**Additional charge for Savoury Artisan french fry pairings may apply.
About Hard Rock International
With venues in 74 countries, including 175 cafes, 24 hotels and 11 casinos, Hard Rock International (HRI) is one of the most globally recognized companies. Beginning with an Eric Clapton guitar, Hard Rock owns the world's greatest collection of music memorabilia, which is displayed at its locations around the globe. Hard Rock is also known for its collectible fashion and music-related merchandise, Hard Rock Live performance venues and an award-winning website. HRI owns the global trademark for all Hard Rock brands. The company owns, operates and franchises Cafes in iconic cities including London, New York, San Francisco, Sydney and Dubai. HRI also owns, licenses and/or manages hotel/casino properties worldwide. Destinations include the company’s two most successful Hotel and Casino properties in Tampa and Hollywood, Fl., both owned and operated by HRI parent company The Seminole Tribe of Florida, as well as other exciting locations including Bali, Chicago, Cancun, Ibiza, Las Vegas, Macau and San Diego. Upcoming new Hard Rock Cafe locations include Valencia, Innsbruck, Yangon and Chengdu. New Hard Rock Hotel projects include Abu Dhabi, Atlanta, Berlin, Dubai, London, Los Cabos, New York City, and Shenzhen, Dalian and Haikou in China. For more information on Hard Rock International, visit www.hardrock.com.