The World of Hair - by Dimitri (Wedo Hair Stylist)
I must say hair is like a crown we walk around with, so let me give you some advice on how to keep your crown at its best. We all need to take into consideration that salon products are expensive because they are scientifically modified for your hair. We don't understand the needs of our hair. So what are we looking for? We are looking for a shampoo that has a ph. balance of 4.5 to 5.5
So enough science back to hair. We all want amazing hair so here's how :
- Make sure after every colour, you get an in salon treatment to put back the protein in the hair.
- Know your peroxide 20% is perfect even if it means you have to sit longer in the chair.
- Don’t forget to treat your hair at home and stay away from drug store shampoos these have a layer that sits on top of the hair that smells good but does nothing for the inner core of your hair.
So for those of us who don't spend our time in the salon here are some home tips:
- After washing with a shampoo do a quick rinse of vinegar before you condition, this can be done once or more times a week (this has acidic properties) to get hair shiny and smooth.
- Make sure to fit into your budget a great hair mask from a salon as this will feed your hair more than a conditioner.
- If you need more protection opt for a leave in conditioner preferred one with heat protection as this will be in your hair the whole day.
Here is a great product to use.